Friday, August 6, 2010

Braves vs. Mets


This is the matchup I've been waiting to see for years. As I said, I've had beef with the Mets since they stole Tommy Glavine from us. I was glad to see other Braves fans shared my sentiments and the Mets were welcomed to Turner Field by boos from the crowd.
Monday night was perfect with a breezy relief from the steamy weather and a Braves win. The high point was a homerun from Chipper Jones. It was a bittersweet moment, since this could be my last Braves trip for the summer and this could be Chipper's last year with the Braves. That could have been the last Chipper homerun I'll see in person. I think he hit it into the stands just for me.
Tuesday was less than perfect. A pop-up rain shower during the game not only forced us inside for a while, but back outside it was humid and sticky. To top it off, the Braves lost this one to the Mets and to top that off, the hit that put the Mets in the lead was by Jeff Francouer, a former Brave and local Atlanta boy. What a slap in the face.
That game wasn't the best way to end my summer of baseball, so I'll just pretend it didn't happen and keep the memories of the Monday night game. Go Braves!

No comments:

Post a Comment