
I didn't plan for my days following Taylor around to end immediately after I met him, but it worked out that way. A poignant end, if nothing else. The rest of life got in the way after that, which is something I didn't see coming when I walked away from the last show I went to on his Spring 2007 tour. I never walked away thinking it would be the last, or the last for several years, but life's funny that way. While I did desperately want to meet him in person, it was not my reason for going to show after show.
I was in the library at The University of Alabama studying for a German test when I got the email from Taylor Hicks HQ telling me I'd won a meet and greet pass for the concert I was attending that weekend. I immediately left the library and went to the mall to find something to wear, because, of course, that was the most important thing.
The whole thing was rather anticlimactic, a lot of build up for not much deliverance. I don't know what exactly I had in mind, but it was more exciting that what I actually experienced. In fact, I barely remember the big moment at all. We were herded into a room, pushed through a line and given about .5 seconds to talk to Taylor and get a picture snapped. All I remember is Taylor telling me he liked my name, though I don't remember telling him my name. It's all a fog, and it's gotten hazier over the past couple of years.
Whatever happened that day, it was not at all the big bang ending my story deserved. The middle is much more interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment